Welcome to Eric Peter’s – Yoga For Back Pain Course
You now have access to our Therapeutic Yoga Program which includes a library of instructional videos, wonderful guided meditations, as well as a wealth of additional resources that will be updated on a regular basis.
The course begins with a personalized assessment. It will help you understand which areas of your body require the most attention. We have broken our course into three main categories (1) Upper Back Neck &Shoulders, (2) Lower Back, Hips & Sacrum and (3) Scoliosis.
For best results, we recommend that you commit to a minimum of 15 minutes per day on at least one of the core programs. To maximize the benefits of the course, complete your assessment work sheet (located in the Assessment Curriculum) every 3 months for the first year, so you can keep track of your progress.
Each section of the course will outline your progress. It’s important to complete the assessment worksheet online as well as any questionnaires while progressing through the course.
* Video Assessment Introduction:
This section provides direction on how the assessment contributes to the effectiveness of the Yoga For Back Pain course. A blue print for where you are today and a projection of future benefits.
* Motivation & Expectation:
Your first survey in the Yoga For Back Pain course will give you insight to halt the cycle of chronic back pain.
* Pre Program Assessment:
This is your “work sheet” for recording your personalized back pain assessment and should be completed while watching and performing the Pre Program Assessment video. Once completed you can start your customized 15, 30 and 60 minute yoga program.
– Please note Eric will mention the appropriate yoga postures to perform based on your personal evaluation during the assessment video. Take note of each suggested posture while utilizing all our course content.
* 15, 30 & 60 Minute Yoga Programs:
Each program provides a structured set of postures, that will provide benefits to recapturing a life free of back pain.
* Resource Section:
This section provides additional value with postures that will complement the 15,30 & 60 minute yoga programs.
This section provides additional tools for learning how to work with your pain… One moment at a time.
- Yoga mat (non skid)
- Yoga block (or hardcover books)
- Yoga strap
- Chair (sturdy with flat seat)
- Bolsters (or blankets as substitutes)
- Eye Bag
- Beanbag (or sandbag, or bag of dried rice)
- Understand your back pain, so you can heal your pain
- Create your own personalized yoga recovery program, empowering you on the road to healing
- Make the mind/body connection which is the key to optimal health
- Regain control of your life and free yourself from pain and disability
- Keep your cellular system healthy by improving both your circulation and respiration
- Rehabilitate your back without drugs or surgery
- Restructure your body and cope with stress
- Be more attuned to early warning signs of an impending “Back Attack” and how to avoid it altogether
- Develop the skills to move in new ways; skills that will transfer over into your everyday activities
- Develop strength and endurance while observing sound principles of alignment and proper movement
- Increase your flexibility and elasticity through the postures
- Pinpoint the sources of pain in your body
- Connect to your feelings, emotions, experiences, and adjust your expectations
- Cope better with the ups and downs of daily life
- Strengthen your muscles and your bones, and improve your balance
- Pay attention to the positive changes in both your body and your mind
- Mindfully care for your back and yourself in every aspect of your life
- Strengthen the deep muscles of the spine through stabilization exercises
- Protect your spine and keep it healthy by avoiding unnecessary injuries